Quick Quote Form
Enquire below for a response within minutes
Everyone hopes their property is secure and intruders won’t break in and cause trouble. Unfortunately, no residential and commercial property is completely secure so it’s important to take the necessary precautions. Intruder alarms are one of the best precautions you can take because they’ll warn you and the authorities immediately. They’ll also startle the intruder and cause them to leave your property if necessary. At AB Electrical Services, we can install, replace, or repair intruder alarm systems and help you get more security.
What Do You Need to Know About Intruder Alarms?
Intruder alarms come in different varieties and offer different levels of security. Most property owners struggle to make the right choice for their requirements and are forced to rely on the internet for information. While online articles are a good source and will explain the systems well, you still need professional assistance to determine which solution is ideal for you. Here’s what you need to know about the intruder alarms.
- Wireless – All established alarm brands offer wireless and hardwired alarm systems. Wireless systems aren’t hardwired and are made of independent units placed around the property that connects wirelessly to the control panel. These systems are considered more streamlined and easy to install and they’re also generally more affordable. But they’re also a little less reliable because the connections between the independent units can fail in rare circumstances.
- Hardwired Systems – Hardwired systems are older and considered more reliable before the connection between the independent units and the control panel is more secure. Unfortunately, if this system isn’t installed properly, it’s easy to cut the wire connection between the two components.
- Combination – Most modern alarm systems are a combination of both hardware and wireless alarms. The main system is wired with the landline phone wire while the other components are connected wirelessly.
- Different Brands and Manufacturers – A large number of manufacturers produce intruder alarms and some of these include Ademco, Protege, Aritech, Rosslare, ADT, Alexor, Ness, Bosch, Avolution, Elite, Chubb, Avga, M1, Concept Inner Range, C&K, Crow, CQR8, Das/Hills, Napco, Concord, Fbii, DSC, EDM, KOBI, Honeywell, ITI, MCM, Lynx, Micron, Moose, etc. The number of options available can be confusing for most clients. Our electrician will take time to understand your requirements and offer advice.
Intruder Alarm Repair
Intruder alarms can develop problems over time, especially if they’re not maintained well. Some of the most common intruder alarm repairs include:
- Alarm activates even when it’s not set or engaged.
- The batteries are missing or completely discharged.
- There are signs of tampering and the tampering has caused faults in the alarm system.
- The cables are cut or damaged.
- Alarm doesn’t sound when it’s engaged or set.
- Alarm sounds when there’s a power cut or a brownout.
- The alarm is triggered by pets or small children.
These are some of the most common problems our customers experience. If your alarm system doesn’t perform as you expect it to, call us immediately and we’ll send an electrician your way. Our expert will examine the system carefully to determine the cause of the problem and fix it immediately.
We also provide maintenance services to keep your alarm system in good condition. You’re less likely to encounter problems or experience malfunctions if your intruder alarm system is maintained well. Maintenance also costs less than repairs and replacements so it’s a good idea to engage maintenance contracts. We’ll arrive at your location at a pre-scheduled time and carry out a thorough examination and repair of the alarm system. We’ll replace any fraying wires, problematic components, etc, to ensure the alarm works well. You won’t have to deal with unexpected breakdowns.
Intruder alarm systems are complicated and have multiple components, which is why it’s essential to hire a professional to install them. Here’s how we can help you:
- Assess Your Requirements – Our electrician will assess your property, determine what kind of alarm system would work best for you, and offer their recommendations. They’ll also discuss your budget and personal preferences before they offer their recommendations.
- Quote – The electrician will offer a comprehensive quote so you can understand all of the expenses involved in the installation and make your decision.
- Purchase – Once you’ve decided which kind of system you want, our electrician will purchase it for you from a reliable manufacturer.
- Installation – We’ll then install the system according to the manufacturer’s instructions for the best results. Our electrician will double check everything and ensure the system is working well before they consider their job done.
Why Hire Us?
- We’re a licensed and insured company with over 12 years of experience in this field.
- Our electricians are well-trained and certified so you can trust the quality of our service.
- We have excellent customer service so you can call us immediately after you experience problems.
If you want to know more about intruder alarm repairs and installation and our services here at AB Electrical Services, don’t hesitate to call us at 0405 343 343 or contact us through our online contact form. If you have an emergency, we have a solution!
This is what our customers say about us…
Thank you for doing the work on time, which keeps me on schedule with the rest of the work that needs to be carried out.
Ben & Lisa - Campbelltown
AB Electrical Services did a complete rewire on our property. We were well pleased with the outcome on all counts, price was reasonable and work was completed to a high standard. We will definitely use AB Electrical Services for any future electrical work. Thanks again.
George H - Katoomba
A great team of electricians, who came and quoted for the rewire the next day and then scheduled me in for the following week. Arrived on time, did the work and tidied up, all for a very competitive price.
Ian Chou- Avoca Beach
I just want to say a big thank you to you all for the amazing job you did, quick and very professional job and you cleaned up after yourselves brilliant to, would definitely use you again and will recommend you to all my friends and family thank you all once again.
Mark & Pam - Castle Hill
I would like to thank you and your team for your prompt and efficient service when you came out after an Emergency Call to check over our electrical systems. You were prompt and arrived at the time you said and caused no mess or disruption while at the house. We would recommend your company to anyone who needs a competent electrician.
Harry Clare - Minto
I would highly recommend AB Electrical Services to anyone looking for work to be carried out. Excellent quote given, work started and completed on time to an excellent standard and totally trustworthy.
Fred & Mary - Gosford
Thanks for a reliable and trustworthy service. Arrived on time, provided valuable advice at every stage and dealt with everything on my behalf to get the job done the same day. Would use again in the future without hesitation and recommend to friends and family.
Albert G - Casula
Thanks again to AB Electrical Services for the high standard of workmanship and attention to detail. It was quite complicated but you made it look easy.
Alan A - Penrith
I have just had some work done by AB Electrical Services, i want to thank the two electricians who did the job for their good clean work and their politeness. I would most happily recommend your company to other people. Thanking you once again.
Michael O - Wyong